The Worcester Community Labor Coalition is made up of membership based groups.
- Affiliated Tribes of New England / Indigenous Peoples’ Network
- EPOCA (Ex-Prisoner and Prisoners Organizing for Community Advancement)
- Main South Community Development Corporation
- Massachusetts Jobs with Justice
- Massachusetts Nurses Association
- MLK Jr. Business Empowerment Center / SMOC
- Neighbor to Neighbor of Massachusetts
- Progressive Worcester
- Stone Soup
- Training Resources of America / YouthBuild Worcester
- Worcester County Food Bank
- Worcester Interfaith
- Worcester NAACP
- Worcester Roots
- Worcester Unemployment Action Group
- Worcester-Fitchburg Building Trades Council
- YWCA of Central Mass
- Other organizations pending
- Construction Institute
- Foundation for Fair Contracting
Photos by Kevin Ksen
Our member organizations have come together under the structure of WCLC so that we can accomplish results and hold each other accountable. Principles of accountability provide a structure for membership organizations. They ensure that member organizations have a stake in the outcomes of the coalition and it helps to ensure that each organization carries out its obligations, helping the coalition achieve results. Accountability also promotes confidence from the public, including local officials, private institutions and businesses.
Once all coalition members have agreed on a campaign, demand, or action, all members of the coalition must publicly support the decision. This creates a “united coalition,” projecting the voices of community and labor as once.